A ballet performance is one form of entertainment.
Entertainment is defined as a funny or interesting performance or show.
An example of entertainment is a ballet performance.
- an entertaining or being entertained
- something that entertains; interesting, diverting, or amusing thing; esp., a show or performance
Origin of entertainment
Middle English and Old Frenchentretenement
- The act of entertaining.
- The art or field of entertaining.
- Something that amuses, pleases, or diverts, especially a performance or show.
- The pleasure afforded by being entertained; amusement: The comedian performed for our entertainment.
- Archaic Maintenance; support.
- Obsolete Employment.
- An activity designed to give pleasure, enjoyment, diversion, amusement, or relaxation to an audience, no matter whether the audience participates passively as in watching opera or a movie, or actively as in games.
- a show put on for the enjoyment or amusement of others
- Admission into service; service.
From Old French entretenement; see entertain.
entertainment – Computer Definition