Transactions of ISMIR
Women in MIR
Resources About the Society
- ISMIR 2020, October 11-15, Montreal, Canada
- ISMIR 2021, November 8-12, Bangalore, India
We are welcoming bids for 2022!
Transactions of the ISMIR
The open-access journal of the MIR community, the Transactions of the International Society for Music Information Retrieval (TISMIR), is open for submissions.
Who are we?
The International Society for Music Information Retrieval (ISMIR) is a non-profit organisation which, among other things, oversees the organisation of the ISMIR Conference. The ISMIR conference is held annually and is the world’s leading research forum on processing, searching, organising and accessing music-related data.
The Society reports recent activities at the yearly ISMIR Community Meeting held during the Conference. The slide decks for past conferences are found here.
Between conferences, there are multiple ways to stay involved!
Become an official member of the Society As a non-profit organization, members are eligible to receive discounted registration at conferences and voting rights at the annual business meeting.
- Join the ISMIR Community group Since its inception in 2000, the ISMIR community mailing list has grown into a forum of over 1,800 members from across the world, and routinely receives announcements about conferences, career opportunities, concerts, and wide variety of other issues relevant to music information retrieval.
- Get involved with Women in MIR (WiMIR) Group Despite the expanding reach of science and technology, there remains a stark imbalance between the number of female and male researchers in those fields. Regardless of gender or orientation, the WiMIR group is comprised of those interested in taking a more active role in building a better support system, improving visibility, and ultimately creating a better environment for women in MIR.
- Join the conversation on Slack Slack is a new way to chat and to gather a community. There are currently more than 400 people on the Music Information Retrieval Slack’s channel, come join the discussion.